DIY Home Security Systems
Do-It-Yourself Home Security Systems.com
Answers, Tips, and Techniques
is your online resource for choosing the best possible diy security system for your home and family. We provide straight-forward answers, helpful tips, sound advice, and useful techniques that you can apply yourself.
Why should you get a DIY security system?
Because today's systems are designed to do a lot more than just protect your home. Visit the residential security systems
page to see all the added benefits they provide, and why they have become an absolute must-have
in our daily lives. Find out why do it yourself home security systems
are clearly superior
, and how to use the information we provide to protect both the exterior
of your home.
When targeting a home, burglars will typically choose to come in through a door or a window because they are usually the weakest points of entry. Visit the doors and windows sections to see what you can do to strenghten your doors and windows and prevent break-ins. We even provide a section that gives you great home security solutions for safeguarding your valuables.
Planing to go somewhere?
Visit the security tips when planning a vacation
page and learn what you can do to protect your home before you leave and even while you're away.
Subscribe to the Security Update Blog and never miss an issue of the latest DIY home security techniques,tips, and advice.
We've arranged all the information into sections so that it will be quick and easy for you to find what you’re looking for. The menu on the left is more detailed and the headers group the information into the appropriate security categories. The horizontal menu on the top and bottom is more general in nature and deals with the functionality of the website.
If you’re looking for something more specific, use the Sitemap/Search
page. Type your query into the search box or scroll down to check the site’s tree structure layout.
How Do I Choose The Right DIY Home Alarm System?
Ok, so you've decided that it's time to get a home security system or it's time to upgrade your existing system. You obviously have a lot of questions like
What kind of system or components should I get? How much money should I spend? Who's going to monitor my system?
The home security review
page was created to answer all these questions and provide a great starting place for you. It covers the all-important basics like:
- Is this the right choice for me?
- How much should I spend?
- How should I connect my system?
- What equipment do I need?
- What should I do about monitoring?
This section will help you choose the home security system that's right for you.
How Secure Is My Home?
Well, how secure is your home? Have you ever done a walk through? Do you know what to look for?
Take the home security survey to find out. Start from the exterior and work your way in much like a robber would do. In fact it was designed to shows you how to think like a burglar. It's a powerful tool that assesses both the strengths and weaknesses of your home.
There’s even a handy home safety checklist
that you can print out. The checklist is actually a summarized version of the home security survey page mentioned above.
What’s The Best Way To Protect My Home?
Believe it or not, effective home security is often compared to the layered design of an onion. The best way to protect your home is to establish multiple layers of security
. It’s all explained in the home alarm systems
section. This section covers the four most basic layers
The First Layer
- The first layer of security concentrates on protecting the outside
of the home. This includes the property around your home, and any exterior structures you may have.
The diy home security section explains how to do this. It also lists all the diy home security system devices you should be using to establish proper home security and deter would-be trespassers and intruders. Click through to other pages in the website. There you'll discover addition devices you should consider if your looking to add more layers and establish a even high level of protection.
The Second Layer
- The second layer of security concentrates on protecting the perimeter
or outer boundaries
of your home. It focuses on establishing a solid barrier between you and the outside world. Visit the home security alarm
section to see how alarms actually work, how they share the same principals as electric circuits and what happens when a forced entry interrupts that circuit.
The Third Layer - The third layer of security concentrates on protecting the interior of the home against both forced entry attempts and environmental dangers. This is when the danger has penetrated the outer-boundaries of your home and is now in your interior space.
The home security alarms section lists the home security system detectors, and sensors required to detect a perimeter breech such as a break-in. It also lists the components required to detect environmental changes such as leaking gas, smoke filling a room, excess heat, and the flooding of water.
The Fourth Layer - The fourth layer of security concentrates on protecting you, the individual. This is the last line of defense when you are face to face with the danger be it human or environmental in nature.
In the event that all other security measures fail, the personal security alarm section outlines what you should do to protect yourself. How to use your home security system and certain key components to re-establish communication with the outside world, how to call for help, or even create a disturbance that will attract attention and deter the threat.
What If I Need Even More Security?
Do you need more security? Do you want to have more options when it comes to protecting your property and the ones you love? This is a good thing and it's also very important because everyone has different security needs. You don't have to settle for what comes in the box.
Throughout the website, you'll find valuable information like the home security lock
page which will help you choose the right kind of lock for your doors.
Do you want to know what your monitoring options are? Learn all about them in the home security alarm monitoring options
page. Concerned about dangers of CO gas in your home? Visit the carbon monoxide detector
page to learn more. Looking for outdoor cameras? Go to the
outdoor cameras (Part1)
page for more info. Do you need more do-it-yourself-home-security-system
resources? Visit the home security directory
page. It contains links to top rated web directories
and the sub-directories
that list the home security systems information.
If there’s something you need to ask, feel free to contact me directly
. I’d be more than happy to answer all your questions and help you in any way possible. You can even send your comments, your stories, or anything else you’d like to share.
Table Of Contents
- Home Security Products And Services, Your Go-To Information Directory
- Today’s home security requires better equipment and real-world services. Find them and more in the following Home Security Products And Services Directory
- Home Security Store, Website Or Business? List It Here For Free!
- Traffic determines the success of your home security store. Tap into our steady stream of on-line visitors. Submit to the following free directory…
- FREE Safe Home Security Ebooks, Create A Protected Environment
- Creating a safe home security environment is vital to your personal safety and peace of mind. The following FREE do-it-yourself ebooks show you how...
- DIY-Home-Security-Systems Update Blog
- The DIY-Home-Security-Systems Update Blog notifies you of any new additions or changes made to the DIY-Home-Security-Systems website. Stay up-to-date. Subscribe here.
- Residential Security Systems, Critical Home Protection
- Residential security systems save lives and safeguard our homes. Here are the top 5 reasons why every home should have one...
- Do It Yourself Home Security Systems, No-Cost Installation
- Today's do it yourself home security systems provide huge advantages over company installed systems. They are clearly a great choice, and here is why...
- Free Home Security Survey, See What A Burglar Sees
- Your home may be a target for thieves and criminals. This free home security survey shows you the exact weaknesses that burglars look for...
- Home Security Review, What To Consider Before Getting A DIY Alarm System
- Read the home security review before deciding what kind of DIY alarm system to get. To choose the right system you need to consider the following...
- Central Station Home Security Monitoring, Selecting the Right Service
- A reliable central station must provide quality home security monitoring. In order to choose the right service, you must look for the following
- Stand-Alone Alarm System Monitoring, Money Saving Protection
- Reliable alarm system monitoring can be cost and contract free. Stand-alone self-monitored alarm systems can save you money in the following ways…
- Security System Monitoring, Using Technology-Based Protection
- Reliable security system monitoring is now in the hands of the homeowner. Technology provides us the following DIY alarm monitoring innovations
- Home Security Tips, How to Discourage Burglars From Targeting Your Home
- Effective home security tips that force burglars to avoid your home. To establish great home security you need the following three key home security components...
- Yard Security, Protecting The Property Around Your Home
- Your yard and lawn should be well protected and look very uninviting to burglars and thieves. You can achieve this by applying the following yard security tips...
- Home Door Security, Keeping Intruders Out
- Burglars use exterior doors as their point of entry when committing break-ins. The following home door security tips will help you better protect your home...
- Home Window Security, Protecting All Points Of Entry
- Poorly protected windows are main points of entry for burglars and intruders. Solid home security begins with the following window security tips...
- Home Security Advice, Learn How To Secure The Inside Of Your Home
- Home burglary attempts and intruder break-ins are a reality in today’s world. Protect your home and your family by applying the following home security advice...
- Home Security Solutions, How To Secure Your Valuables
- A home burglary can put all your priceless possessions at risk. Learn how to protect your valuables with the following home security solutions...
- Do It Yourself Home Security Measures, Preparing To Leave On Vacation
- When planning a vacation, plan for the security of your home as well. The following do it yourself home security tips show you how to protect your home while you’re away...
- DIY Home Alarm Systems, How They Really Work
- Behind all diy home alarm systems, there are a few fundamental basics that make security possible. This is how your diy alarm system works to protect your home...
- An Exterior DIY Home Security Alarm, The First Layer Of Protection
- Accurate components can help you establish a solid exterior diy home security alarm. The following can detect an intruder the moment he sets foot on your property...
- DIY Perimeter Home Security Alarm, The Second Layer Of Protection
- A good quality diy home security alarm should immediately detect a break-in attempt. This is how perimeter alarms work to protect your home...
- Interior DIY Home Security Alarms, The Third Layer Of Protection
- Detecting the presence of a burglar or hazardous changes in a home’s environment is critical. To do so, interior diy home security alarms require the following...
- A DIY Personal Security Alarm, The Fourth Layer Of Protection
- A diy personal security alarm establishes your final barrier of defense when you’re directly confronted with danger. It can include the following devices...
- DIY Home Outdoor Security Cameras (Part 1), What You Need To Know
- DIY home outdoor security cameras help establish your home’s first line of defense against thieves and criminals. To choose the right ones, you need to know the following...
- DIY Home Outdoor Security Camera (Part 2), What You Need To Know
- A DIY home outdoor security camera help establish your first layer of residential security. To choose the right one, you need to know the following...
- DI Yourself Home Security System, Share The Website And Help Others
- With the right do it yourself home security system information, we can all protect our homes. Make that information available by sharing the following website
- Links to Home Security Directory Pages and Website Resources
- Well-organized websites and home security directory pages provide valuable information. Links to these important resources can be found on the following page...
- Contact Me Directly Using This Form
- Send me your best home security tips. Share with me any home security stories you may have. Use the submission form to contact me directly.
- Site Map For DIY-Home-Security-Systems. Find What You Are Looking For
- The site map includes two quick and easy ways to find what you're looking for. Enter your query in the search box, or use the website's tree structure navigation links.
- Best Home Security System Setups, The Ultimate Guide
- Real world advice on property safety, protection and some of the best home security system setups can be found in the following reference guide