Free Home Security System?
At What Price?
The following is a list of questions you should ask the salesperson who is trying to sell you the free home security system. Their answers will indicate how good (or bad) a deal this is:
Question for the Salesperson: print this page
- Does your system combine the control panel, keypad and siren in one unit?
- Are your installers certified alarm technicians?
- How many door/window contacts, motion sensors and detectors come with the free system?
- Are there fees if I require addition contacts, sensors or detectors?
- Can other home security companies monitor this alarm system?
- Do you have software that allows you to remotely shut-down my system?
- Is there a monthly monitoring fee to monitor my system?
- Do I have to sign a contract with you company?
- How long are the terms of your contract?
- Is there a penalty fee for early cancellation?
In my experience, there is no such thing as a free home security system.
Be careful and use your own judgment. As always, if it sounds too good to be true - walk away.
Click on this link to return to the Free Home Security System discussion page.
Click on this link to return to the Do It Yourself Home Security Systems.com home page.
No one gives anything for free.